The Legal Nurse Consultants Association of Canada facilitates the professional advancement of registered nurses consulting within the medical/legal realm by providing a forum for education, mentoring, and networking.
Message From The President
CLICK HERE to read a message from the President of the LNCAC.
*NEWS & INFO*
The LNCAC Ontario Chapter Presents:
“Lawyers and Nurses Working Collaboratively To Address Medical Malpractice: What Every Nurse Should Know”
Sunday, May 4th – 0930 – 1430 followed by LNCAC AGM 1445 – 1630
Click here for more info
9:00 - 9:30 Registration and coffee
9:30 - 9:40 Opening Remarks/ Announcements – Marcy Saxe-Braithwaite
9:40 - 10:30 Collaborating with Lawyers: Supporting Innovation -
Mr. Robert Lapper, President and CEO of the Law Society of Upper Canada
10:30 - 11:15 Health Care Law and Politics – What every nurse should know -
Mr. Gilbert Sharpe – Partner, Fasken, Martineau, DuMoulin, LLP
11:15 - 12:00 The Media and Medical Malpractice – Mr. Rob Cribb, Toronto Star
12:00 – 12:45 Networking Lunch – Facilitated by Lynda Welch
12:45 – 1:30 Strategy and the Importance of Communication - Mr. Jim Gray, Senior Communication Advisor
1:30 - 2:20 Medical Malpractice – Working in partnership with lawyers – Ms. Amani Oakley, Partner Oakley and Oakley
2:20 – 2:30 Closing Remarks – Connie Stevens
2:45 – 4:30 LNCAC AGM – Hosted by LNCAC Interim President – Angela Sibbald
- Download the Provincial Chapter Formation Application HERE
- The LNCAC Brochure is now complete and available to all LNCAC Members to print and use at their discretion or for anyone looking for more information on the LNCAC. Click here to download
- See directions below on how to join meetings via webex.
How to Join a Meeting on Webex Meeting Center
What you need:
- A computer
- A web browser
- An internet connection, preferably high speed
- Telephone (for Teleconference) OR speakers and microphone (for VoIP- Voice over Internet))
How to Join the Meeting
- Open your email and view your meeting invitation
- Click on the meeting link (usually in blue font)
- Follow the instructions on the meeting info page by completing the fields.
Hint: e-mail address is the e-mail address on which you received the email invitation. You will find the password listed in the e-mail invitation displayed on the left side of the screen
- Click “Join Now”. If the “Join Now” button appears dim it means the meeting has not yet started.
- Follow the instructions to call into the meeting teleconference OR click on Use Computer Head Set to expand the text box. Click on “Call using Computer” to VoIP into the meeting. (If the text box containing these items does not automatically appear click on the word Audio in the top blue bar then click on Webex Audio.)
- What you will see: The Meeting Panel is the larger left side of the screen. On the meeting panel presenters will share various documents or power point presentations with you throughout the meeting. The Participant Panel is on the right side of the screen. Here you will find a list of all meeting attendees. Once you have joined the audio portion of the meeting a head set (VoIP) or phone (teleconference) will appear left of your name dependent upon which audio option you choose to utilize.
- Congratulations! You have joined the meeting!!